WRT License

Companies that have a 51% or more foreign ownership in the F&B, trade, retail, import/export and wholesale sectors and wish to apply for an Employment Pass (EP) will require to obtain a Wholesale and Retail Trade (WRT) approval from the Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operative and Consumerism (MDTCC) prior to the EP application process. Only with the WRT approval will a company be able to employ expatriates.